Sunday, June 08, 2008

Summer time

and the living is easy! Well, lazy anyway! Decided that as yesterday I didn't sit down all day,I'd make up for it today!
Geoff was working today so I packed us girls a picnic and we went down to the lakes to watch the Race for Life.It is really moving seeing the names on people's backs and though we are lucky enough not to have lost any friends or family to cancer ,the girls have asked if they can take part next year.We won't be running (I don't think I'd make it past the starting line!)but walking.As we live so close, we should be able to get lots of practice!
Once back home we sat and chilled in the garden, Em read, Holly painted and I ..did nothing :)I had planned to do cottage pie for tea but we decided to have a bbq and make the most of the sunshine,so the mince got made into burgers instead!
Here's my Pencil Lines layout for this week :)

I used Making Memories Garden Party paper
Ki Lace cardstock
Prima swirls
Loads of Angel Kiss flowers
Heidi Swapp bling
Queen & Co felt
Pink Paislee letter stickers
Maya Road sheer
Pink Paislee stamps
John Lewis butterfly

I'm sure you're bored now of me putting those butterflies and swirls on everything ,but they are my faves right now!
Both girls are off on school days out this week, Holly to the zoo and Em to see the Tutankhamun exhibition.Blast from the past as my mum & dad took my sister and I years ago when the exhibition was over here...all I remember is that we had to queue for hours to get in!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a great day. I'm sure Em will love the exhib, my mum & dad took Henry as he is SO into Eygpt and my Mum lived their when she was a teenager !