Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good old English summer....

Oh yes...we have rain! Not really a huge surprise but it's so depressing! I want to sit out in the garden or be out getting some fresh air. There was a brief 5 minutes when the sun came out in the afternoon so we hopped on our bikes and went round a couple of blocks! The girls are still enjoying themselves ,despite the lack of being outdoors.This morning Holly decided to dry Em's hair for her and in return Em 'styled' Holly's hair ,adding loads of clips :) This afternoon they decided they wanted to do some painting.So while they did that I thought I'd try and tidy/sort the kitchen shelves where I keep my scrapping tote,tools and general 'stuff''.Oh my word...I must stop buying mini photo albums and books with a view to filling them /altering them !! It got to the point where I really couldn't be botthered putting it away,but I did as well as chucking out a few bits that have been hanging around for years.I'm now left with a tidy tote shelf and a basket full of stuff that I need to out away/find a proper home for.I'm getting there slowly though!


For some reason,Holly decided she wanted to make jelly during the holidays...not sure why! So yesterday I dug out the big Mickey Mouse silicone mould and we made the jelly. These moulds are not the easiest to use ...they bend!Anyway,we tipped it out onto the back of the chopping board..and here is our orange Mickey :) It looks quite small in the photo,but really it wasn't!

There were also a few beans ready for picking today so Holly went out to get them...in the rain :( Not sure how many more we'll get as the black fly seem to be munching most of the flowers :( The girls enjoyed them with their tea anyway :)


4 comments:

domestic goddess said...

Oh my how big your beans are!! i think i must have the dwarf variety, LOL, they sure dont look like yours!!
and how cute is that MM jelly, it does look small in the photo, LOL
hugs xx

instant cash Australia said...

the jelly looks yummy!

Used forklifts said...

She’s so adorable! The jelly is so cute, I love Mickey Mouse.

Sara said...

That jelly is amazing, mine never come out of the mould in one piece!