Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Catching up


..with a couple of things Em has been up to :) Last week saw the end of the Food Club she has been attending,run by sixth formers and meant to encourage them to try cooking more healthily.She came home with a folder of the recipes they have used.each page complete with a photo of her beaming next to a plate of whatever she had made! When another pupil commented on the fact that she was smiling in all her photos her reply was 'I'm a seasoned professional...my Mum's a scrapbooker...' !! She also won a Muffin recipe book as her team won the end of term quiz.I can see it coming in handy...!

Em also came home with a present for me,something she has been working on in Technology.She made me a lovely wooden pencil case,completely with an engraved pig! (I had to choose from a selection of designs!) I just need to find somewhere safe to keep it now :) Today she came home with another lovely wooden box compete with fitting lid, engraved with her name ,which she has made in her Technology sessions the last two days.I think she enjoys woodwork!)At least that's what it was called when I went to school!

Today I went over to visit Anna again as she's still off work :( We admired some very lovely scrapbook stash,and ate posh crisps and cherrries (not forgettting our tradition of chocolate croissnats for a late breakfast!)

Tomorrow Em is on her London trip and Holly wants us to cycle up to the library after school so that she can sign up for this years reading challenge :)

Ooops, nearly forgot,yesterday was Holly's sports day .Despite a heavy shower it went ahead apart from the final event (the relay).I risked being reprimanded by sneaking a photo of Holly...or at least I tried ,it's not eay to pretend you're not taking photos without them being out of focus!

5 comments:

domestic goddess said...

Em that box is gorgeous!! well done
thanks so much for coming to see me hun and the flowers xx

domestic goddess said...

Em that box is gorgeous!! well done
thanks so much for coming to see me hun and the flowers xx

Sara said...

Wow, loving Em's wood work - I made a box at school too! Our reading challenge doesn't start until Saturday :0(

domestic goddess said...

its time to update now hun!!

Lyzzydee said...

Well done Em that box is gorgeous!!! Can we all have some chocolate CroisNATS ???