Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn loveliness :)



So the summer may have been a bit of a wash out, but Autumn is [roving to be very lovely so far :) Lots of sunshine and warm days, with everything turning golden and crunchy :) This weekend we went looking for conkers.I know it seems very early, but the trees are looking pretty unhealthy this year and lots have come down already in the wind last week.So we took a chance as the weather was so lovely Saturday afternoon.At first it didn't look as though we'd find many, but Holly managed to fill her bucket and there were quite a few still hanging on the trees.The question is, what will we do with them?! Most years they just rot and get thrown away.However,last year, a squirrel came and took them all!This year Holly has been prepared and has scattered a few around the garden for them to find! This is my Pencil Lines layout this week, very clean & simple!

I used Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper
Kaisercraft pearls
Martha Stewart punches
Prima Journalling page
Hambly overlay
Prima crystals
Bazzill just The Edge
The beady flowers are from the haby dept in John lewis :)

Sunday was crop day where I got a massive two layouts done...speedy scrapper I am not! We had lots of party food and I was very lucky to get some presents too ,as well as some lovely cards:)

Yesterday was my final birthday 'celebration', which was a trip to the waffle house -yum! I had a very delicious warm hazelnut & chocolate brownie one with cream,which I'm hoping they will make a permanent fixture on the menu!
Today it's all back to normal,catching up on jobs around the house.I have washed all the sofa cushion covers, sorted the shoe rack and this afternoon I have a visit to the dentist -yuck :(

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Luuurve your layout Sue, really striking. And I have to say Autumn is really my fave season!

Lyzzydee said...

Is that Ayot?? It does seem a little early, best I rush up there before they are all gone